Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seller claims this car was body-off restored 27 years ago, and the car has obviously been driven quite a bit since then. Still, this is a SS396 in a good color combination with its original build sheet, even though the original engine is long gone.

I think it would be a lot of fun to cruise for, say, $20k, but I suspect the seller wouldn't let it go for that even in the winter months. What do you guys think?

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
I guess that 27 years ago, the correct seat covers were not available, so he went with Tijuana tuck n roll? Other than that, I like it around $22K.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Papered, L34, auto, nom- decent driver, could use some detailing, I'd put it at 25k and on ebay-he'll probably get the 27+ he's asking.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Looks pretty good here. Might just bring 30,000.00, never know. Car would have brought that easy 10 years ago but since 2008 it would be a tough sell. Who knows after 1/20/2017 prices might pick back up, good cars have been on a steady increase for the last few years.
Should have detailed the car, but then if that is all that is wrong with it, why clean it up, give prospective buyers something to draw attention away from other issues. Looks like there has been some water in the trunk at one time, that should have been cleaned up. Makes me suspicious of what might be behind the paint in the lower quarter panels but then again it should make a buyer take a better look, I hope.
27 years ago the parts to rebuild with were most likely much better, might have even been some easy find original stuff.

2 cents.

Snowing like crazy here in the hills of Western NC and looks like the whole state is getting hammered. Good day to own a snow plow and 2 or three tow trucks in the Piedmont areas. Ever see a flat lander attempt to "drive" on slick roads? More action than a 3 ring circus.:D

Have a great "safe" day.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It has a 'Buy it Now' price of $27,950. I would guess this car is worth it, judging by the condition of other cars going for the same amount. He does have the paperwork showing it is real and while it doesn't have the original engine or trans, it is pretty rust free. For a weeks worth of detail work, you could have a very nice car in a very popular color...

grr

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
It has a 'Buy it Now' price of $27,950. I would guess this car is worth it, judging by the condition of other cars going for the same amount. He does have the paperwork showing it is real and while it doesn't have the original engine or trans, it is pretty rust free. For a weeks worth of detail work, you could have a very nice car in a very popular color...

grr
I agree. Great way for someone to have a VERY decent ride for a reasonable cost.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Looking at the guys feedback he has sold quite a few cars and motorcycles with good feedback which is a good sign. Looks like a good buy for the money compared to some of the stuff we have been seeing lately.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I'm about 30 min from where it says this car is located. I don't think I've ever seen it at the big cruise night at Gillette stadium, which is only about 15 minutes from there. Nice looking car, it reminded me of my old one when I first saw it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts