Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see if I can explain this..
On the round SS IDIOT light dash there is a brown wire on the FORWARD LIGHT wire loom that comes from the voltage regulator and goes to the light on the dash. It passes thru the bulkhead connector right next to the brown wires for the parking lights.

On the round SS GAUGE dash.
Where does this wire go?

My book shows only the SS idiot light round and the sweep dash wire diagrams.
If anyone has the SS GAUGE wiring diagrams that would be great.

Thanks
Bert

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CY72SS,
Nope...I'ved looked at that and it doesn't give the info I need...Thanks for the try though.

anyone else???

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
If you look on the light dash diagram you will see that on the dash side of bulkhead there are two wires that connect to the single wire in forward lamp harness- to the voltage reg. One wire, brown, connects to the GEN light the other is a brown/white #24 ga resister wire that connects to the ignition switch. The gauge dash harness has the brown/white resistor wire only. The voltage needed at the regulator is provided by it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elree Colby,
So you are saying that the brown wire is to fire the voltage regulator?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
You need 12 VDC on the brown wire, at the regulator, when the ignition is on for correct operation of the factory charging system.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that answers the question I had...Thanks
I am using a serpantine of a 93 truck and alt. off that. deleting voltage regulator, and horn relay and doing bosch relays to carry power on headlights and such. So I am kinda combining factory with custom. I just couldn't find the GAUGE dash side wire schmatic...have the idiot light dash side..

Thanks again

Bert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts