Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS | eBay

I know the obvious details just quickly looking suck as the incorrect under hood color and the chevelle emblem is missing on trunk lid. What are your thoughts? Price what would be fair?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Lots wrong. Typical used car dealer. It does have the " Numbers matching buildsheet". The price would depend on whether the running gear is original or not.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
The dealer should start over, By looking at the build sheet, And then raise the hood and attach a " LOT " of 1970 parts. Carb,-- M. Cyl.--,fan blade,-- Fuel system to carb.,-- Cowl Ind. air cleaner,--H.E.I.-- As they say at MECUM,,, And the list goes on.
Makes you wonder what the rest of the car is like ? :surprise:
Bob

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know there is a lot wrong under the hood. I am looking for a good starting point to throw in a 496 and drive it...it does have a build sheet to. Obviously the paint/body would have to check out.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Aside from all of the above and obvious issues like non CI air cleaner with CI hood, etc. Is this the original drive train or just numbers matching? I would need to see deck stamps, 512 block etc. The car is a little rough in some areas. The seller would be served well to detail this car top and bottom as well as replace the dash pad with and original or recover/restore. I wouldn't hesitate to look a little harder at this car, not bad -at all! That shifter handle will not work with/ for bench seat unless you are over 6'2" with long legs. (man, that would be weird if you were 6'2" with short legs!). Shifter handle will hit seat in 2nd and 4th. The car has been recycled on EBay and offered before. Driver quality 1970, LS5, 4spd, I would put this car in the mid-30's range as is.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
I really hate when the fender emblems are out of place, that would bother me everyday and not a cheap fix. The car is really rough once you look past the shiny paint. $30000 is generous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts