Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the paint on the tailgate between the two pieces of stainless hes been a semi flat black on every original 70 ss el camino that i have ever seen. i have never seen a black one that i knew was original. i have seen just about every other color and they have all been black there. is the paint there also semi flat black on black cars too?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I would say yes, but the hood stripes would be white. Not being a purest though I'm using shiny black there and for the hood stripes also ony cranberry red elky.

------------------
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

work in progress
Big James Elky(AKA Ol Paint)
www.chevelles.com/showroom/workgoeson1.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 70 SS396 is a gloss black, really shiny like the hood stripes...I don't know if it it "correct"...but it looks good. If I had to guess, it probably was the same paint as they put on the front hood stripes from the factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
either way i am pretty sure it should a flatter than gloss black. i have seen two black cars recently that were painted white there and i don't believe this is correct, but i want to be sure.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,179 Posts
You're assuming that there is a definitive answer to your question. This may be an unwarranted assumption on your part, many inconsistencies are known to exist.

Also, your attitude kinda sux, what with the all caps yelling and whatnot. Keep in mind that nobody here is getting paid to do your research for you.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.