Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying the "SS" dash carrier for '70 chevelle as shown in the Ground Up catalog. A dash carrier "Kit" is also listed. I have a good non-SS dash in my chevelle now (dark green). Will my ash tray, glove box door & steering cover transplant to the new "SS" carrier and will I be able to change the color of my existing pieces to black easily. I want a black "SS" dash in the end. Any tips on installing buckets in place of bench would be appreciated also. Thanx

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well the glove box door is interchangeable but you will need a new ash tray and lower steering column cover.

There are several threads that cover the buckets from bench conversion do a search for more information. If you have and still have specific questions go ahead and ask them.

------------------
Deon
72SS454 Clone
Website

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Also the repo dashes have a couple things that aren't right. The turn signals, high beam, and brake lights should not be outlined in silver and the washer and lighter letters should. Acutally the originals were chrome. Othe than that they look really good. I cannot understand how they cannot get these detail right. I bought 3 repo items today and all were wrong.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the info.
Steve, those buckets are great. I feel I will be building an SS around those buckets!
I took the seats and floor covering out of the car today..........RUSTED FLOOR PAN !!
Any advice on the remedy. Please advise.
See pics of floor pan rust (click on chevelle link) www.iqinspections.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts