Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me convert a ss dash into a full gauge package ? i have all the gauges but need some wiring help.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Click on "search" and type in "70 Gauges" and you'll find more info than you can handle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help but could not find enough info for which wires i need to change at the bulkhead or the gauge conection to switch from idiot lights to full gauges if someone knows the setup this would help my manuels dont show the the full gauge option any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Greg

When converting an SS light dash to a full gauge dash you need to move wires and add wires to the cluster connector. This pic shows one side of the connector. As can be seen the contacts are numbered 1 through 12. Move wires/contacts as indicated. The wires for the amp gauge can be routed through a hole in the firewall or through the bulkhead connector. Use fuses or fusible links on both amp gauge wires and use a grommet if not routed through the bulkhead. The tach wire is routed through the firewall, also use a grommet.

You will end up with an extra brown wire. It was for the GEN indication light. You can just clip it off.

The "PC BOW TERMINALS" are available from Au-ve-co part # 18652. Or you can find them in most seventies/eighties gm cluster connectors. Just cut and splice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys that did the trick. everything works great. just need to put it back together thanks again for all your help YOU THE MAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts