Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help is Needed with my LS6 4spd Coupe: :mad:

According to my wiring diagram I should have a TCS control and some wiring for my cowl induction hood operating system. My hood has a vacuum line from the carb to the hood canister. That's it. What's missing? Is there supposed to be a switch near the accelerator pedal? or what! :confused:

What is the 3 pronged relay on the firewall next to the wiper motor for? Could this be the "TCS" relay? It has a pink and 2 tan wires coming off it 1 pink & 1 tan go thru the firewall to a set of 3 connectors (not connected to anything) above the steering colum, then it looks like one pink & 1 tan wire go to the fuse box with a push connector. It looks factory. The third tan wire off the relay is cut at about 2 inches and was taped in the bundle. (?)

And finally...I have no switch on the 4spd trans for reverse lights. What the heck trips the reverse lights on this car? (other than the toggle switch the owner before me installed under the dash)

Will the car run better with this TCS set-up? It runs great now without it, but I am returning the Old girl to stock as much as humanly possible with the exception of my Petronix ignition. (screw those points)
I know this is asking a lot but I have no one else to ask. :confused:

Thanks,

Nuuch

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I'm pretty sure your talking about the cowl hood relay and harness. At the fuse block the pink wire plugs into the IGN terminal, the tan wire plugs into the ACC terminal. There should be a switch mounted on the accelerator pedal that has a pink and tan wire connected. The tan wire that is cut and taped should run through the fire wall mounted wire duct and on to the solenoid mounted on the hood.

The TCS relay would be riveted to the fire wall mounted wire duct. The cowl hood relay is attached to the firewall with one screw.

The backup light switch is mounted on the steering column. It is operated by the back link from the reverse linkage to the steering column. It would turn on the backup lights and required the trans be in reverse to remove the key which also locks the trans in reverse. The back link is often removed as it was considered to be a P.I.T.A. to put the trans in reverse to remove the key. As a result the column mounted backup light switch would be disconnected otherwise the backup lights would stay on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I think that relay next to my wiper motor is that cowl relay. Of course I have no switch on the accelerator pedal. (that's what those wires proabably plug into. And then the reverse linkage is also M.I.A.. I'll just tape all those little devils back up out of the way seeing as my cool hood flapper works when I mash the pedal anyhow. I'm sure the new under hood engine harness and colum ignition switch will go a long way to making me roadworthy. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts