Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I continue to find so many incorrect small trim issues with my car, I need help on another.

My right side a/c vent has a lever on the housing to close the flaps internally. Pictures I've seen in books show some with and some without these levers. I've never seen a lever on the left vent at all.

My car originally had no a/c, but it was added from a 72 model, I think.

Should this vent have this lever or not now being an a/c car... I suspect it was only on non-a/c cars, but have seen a/c cars wiith it.

(I am not referring to the levers down on the lower kick panel, but rather the far right instrument panel vent)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I assume you are talking about the louvered vents in the dash for the a/c.
they are the same with or without a/c.
You lost me on the lever you are talking about, unless 70 had a lever. both my cars are 72's, one with a/c, and one with out, ther's no lever there.

Jeff litka
72 Chevelle SS
72 MonteCarlo

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I guess you're talking about the lever on the vent that's next to passenger's side door. My car is a factory A/C car and it has this lever. However, my car is a 1970 El Camino non-SS so I don't know about SS dashes. I highly doubt that the vents are any different. I'm pretty sure that factory non A/C cars had no vent or lever, just blocked holes. The A/C cars had the vent and the lever.

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino aka Kaileigh
Built on: November 25, 1969 in Baltimore
Green Mist #45 w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl Small Block
Factory Dual Exhaust and Rally Wheels
My Elky Home Page www.dreamelectric.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine is a non-factory air car and I have the dash vents on each side (called astro-ventalation if I remember right) but mine doesn't have any levers. One of the louvres have a raised area in the middle on each one so you can close the louvres if you want, but no seperate louvres.

------------------
Dave Knapp
TC #388
ACES # 3474
'70 SS 396

[This message has been edited by DaveK (edited 11-25-99).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This lever is just to the left of the slats.
Its knob is supposed to be chrome colored.

It still has the adjustbale slats up & down, but has in internal flap that blocks air flow off to the vent completely, operated by this lever.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This lever is just to the left of the slats.
Its knob is supposed to be chrome colored.

It still has the adjustbale slats up & down, but has in internal flap that blocks air flow off to the vent completely, operated by this lever.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's what I thought. That's why ther is a blacked out section at the left of the slats on 71-72 models

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.