Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

I need a tiny little piece........in the dash, there's a little red translucent lense that says 'BRAKE'.........anyone know where I can get one?

My new gauge pod came with the green ones for the turns signals and a blue one for the high beams but no brake lense.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm looking for the same little red piece... I've never found one.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
None of my catalogs show that part. I would suggest calling places that restore gauges and dashes.
Clocks and gauges- 800-558-2674
Auto Instruments-877-450-0110
Burton L. Norton Co. 616-677-1208
American Classic Restorations

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have found very similar ones in the junkyard. Looks for ones that are the same size or a little bigger, you can always cut it down.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!!

·
Premium Member
16,475 Posts
Nobody sells that piece. I needed one for my dash when I put a brand new one together. I was at the spring swapmeet in Englishtown and I saw an SS dash that someone was selling without the gauge cluster in it but the brake light lens was still in it. That's how I got one. I would suggest finding one at a swapmeet or a junkyard.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I picked one up at a junkyard from a stripped Monte. About the only place I think you'll find them. Good luck. you'll need it ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I found one in a junked monte dash at Dan's Garage in Kennewick WA. state that is. dansgarage.net That part is hard to find. No repros yet that I know of. Dan has some junk monte dashes laying around in wrecked montes. I realize he is a long ways from where you live but it might be worth a try. If you have no luck e-mail me at [email protected] His yard is a 5 min drive from my house.If I can help you out let me know. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are round and probably about an inch...not sure if the square ones would work...I have never seen the square ones out of sweep dash to know if you could make them work.

·
Registered
676 Posts
try sundell industries out of south carolina they have 100's chevelle parts. I bought alot of stuff that nobody carries, they have hundreds of chevelles there. his father runs one in pennsylvania too. their # 1-704-434-6759 ask for eric. steelworker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts