Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about dual quads for my chevelle. 468ci, biggest non blower crower solid roller cam, headers, 3" flowmasters, steel crank, 700 R4 2800 stall, 3.90 olds 442 rear with bolt in axels. 15" x 8" rear tires. What do you think? Is this any better than an single 850cfm carb? Jegs has a dual 600cfm (Edlebrock) set up for big blocks, but I don't know what improvement in hp and torque I could expect. edlebrock only said some low end torque and hp improvement. Anyone every try a set up like this? Thanks

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hello Fred. I haven't tried that but I know there are plenty of people making huge HP and torque with one very good 4 bbl.

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Welcome Fred.

I have know a few people that went to the 2-4 setup only to go back to a single 4bbl.

Most have said that tuning was thier biggest issue, that and at low rpm's they load up and can be real dogs.

Unless your just putting about on the street and want it more for the looks, I recomend going with a single 4.

You will see increases in hp at higher rpm, but unless you get a dual quad manifold that is a low riser, you won't really see any tq gain imo.

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Might try posting your question in the performance forum. It is a little further down the main forum page and a lot of good folks with scads of hot rodding / racing experience hang out in there. It also helps when folks do a search that info is found in a relevant area. Makes the search function here work a lot easier too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.