Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD THIS THREAD ON THE INTERIORS SECTION GOT NO REPLYS IN FOUR DAYS, FIGURED I WOULD TRY HERE. LOOKING TO BUY A SET OF SEATBELTS ,DONT HAVE THE ORIGINALS IN CAR. IM GUESSING THAT 10K70 WOULD BE 10 :confused: WEEK OF OF 70, BUT WHAT DOES THE K STAND FOR. AND ALSO THE NUMBER 3900. WHAT NUMBERS SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR AND WHAT WOULD BE AN APPROPRIATE DATE FOR A 04C BALT CAR WITH #45 IN THE SEATBELT BOX ON BUILD SHEET AND SHOULDER HARNESS BOX BLANK. I DO HAVE THE SEAT BELT CLIPS ON THE HEADLINER IN THE FRONT AND IT DID COME WITH BUCKET SEATS . I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP OR STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Mark,

You're correct on the week and year; the K represents the manufacturer's plant where the belts were made. I'm not sure if numbers on the belt will correspond to anything appearing on your build sheet.....I'll leave that to someone with more knowledge than I.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Don't think the K has anything to do with Kansas City in this case. I know in 66 and 67 there were at least 3 OEM suppliers to Chevrolet, maybe more with other divisions as well, Hamill, Irving, and General Safety.

The codes came up on Team Camaro some time back and the concensus was the first number (10) is the week of the year, the letter is either a specific belt mfg plant or a line code (I suppose so they know which particular line made the belt) and the last two numbers are the year.

Whether calendar year or model year I'm not sure. In several examples I have of 66/67 belts, a General Safety belt is coded 46A66 but they have 1967 after the General Safety name. However, an Irving belt also coded 46A66 and have 1966 after the IRVING name. Did General Safety and Irving code their belts differently? I can't say for sure as I have nothing but a few examples to go on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts