Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how people are handling the rear armrests on 70's. The originals I have are metal and are upholstered. It looks like the resto kits want you to just use the plastic replacements with no upholstery. It doesn't seem much like original. Maybe buying extra upholstery and having the plastic covered is the way to go? What did y'all do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
My 70 and former 72 both have/had plastic rear armrests with built-in ashtrays. I've never seen metal upholstered. I'd love to hear more...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, thats interesting. I went and took another look and its definetly upholstery over metal. There is real stiching along the top edge and it does have ashtrays. Its a 70ss with dark green interior. I guess if some had plastic originally, I'll just go that route. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
chevelles use plastic rear armrests, the metal ones with vinyl apolstery are from a monte carlo, 70-72..they fit each other, so probably someone used these to replace the cracked plastic ones. Plastic is correct for the chevelle.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
My 70 SS has the originals and they are metal. But I do need to replace these.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.