Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'66 Aztec Bronze
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of a switch (what's left of it) that is on the 3 - 4 shift lever on my '70 Muncie. As you can see this switch is broken and therefore it is leaking transmission fluid, so I need to find a replacement switch. I do not need this switch functional on my '66, but I do need a good one in there to stop the leak.

Can someone tell me what this switch is called so I can try to locate one, or does anyone know where I can purchase one?

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Pretty sure there are plugs that would fill the hole where that switch is, or you could put a different side cover on it that doesn't have the hole. More than one way you can stop that leak.

Reactions: RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Here is a picture of a switch (what's left of it) that is on the 3 - 4 shift lever on my '70 Muncie. As you can see this switch is broken and therefore it is leaking transmission fluid, so I need to find a replacement switch. I do not need this switch functional on my '66, but I do need a good one in there to stop the leak.

Can someone tell me what this switch is called so I can try to locate one, or does anyone know where I can purchase one?
There are two types of TCS switches pictured below with gaskets and block off plugs.

Attachments

Reactions: RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Check this out. "ME"=..Dumb AZZ !..:thumbsup:
Doing a frame off on my one owner LS-5// M-22. I take the M-22 to Hosses Gear Shop. OK Dave make it perfect, Call me when its done.
I go to pick it up, WOW it looks beautiful!!!!!!
So I Said , Hey DAVE, Before I leave,,,,, Could you pull that PLUG out of the side plate and install the " BACK/UP light switch"....... Dave says " Sure NO problem." Then Dave says, " Any special reason you want a back up light switch, On FOURTH GEAR ? "......... Then we BOTH had a good laugh...:laugh::laugh:
Sometimes I think " Am I smarter than a FOURTH GRADER ?".......:surprise:
Bob

Reactions: LeoP and RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
There are two types of TCS switches pictured below with gaskets and block off plugs.
David, Do you have the GM part number for the TCS block off plug showcased in your picture? They are 9/16"-18 threads but a real pain to make!.....Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
David, Do you have the GM part number for the TCS block off plug showcased in your picture? They are 9/16"-18 threads but a real pain to make!.....Thanks
The part number I have on an old SK Transmissions invoice is 3906448 and the gasket was 3906462. Another plug p/n 8877723 is an accepted replacement that Paul has on his web site as noted above by the OP. I purchased those from Brian Higgins at SK Racing in Lindenhurst, NY sometime back in the mid 90's. I was always amazed at the hundreds upon hundreds of disassembled Muncies he had on the shelves of the transmission shop not to mention all the other manual transmissions and the piles of muncies in the warehouse.

·
Premium Member
'66 Aztec Bronze
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts