Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a topic of air tube plugs removal from my manifolds about an week ago.I've had no luck getting them out since I don,t have access to a torch.And also after learning my drivers manifold is not a 70 because it dont have flat ID pad on the front runner and the pass side was cracked and welded.Since I drive my car quite a bit when its nice I was going to have them jet hot coated but that quite og money to put pout in a set of manifolds that aren,t correct and one being repaired.Sorry for such a long post but what i wanted to is have anyone used the new reproductions manifolds any problem? or should i go with a GM set even though the # wont be correct.I,ve decided to go this route since I probably wont find a nice set of original 70 manifolds with unpluged smog holes. Thanks

Ray

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
The new sets are nice for a Driver.But if you want to show your car with details,get the original manifolds it came with.The New GM does not have the flat pad or any date codes(Can't see dates when on car anyway).I found a local man who framed off his 1969 SS L-78 Chevelle Conv.at a car show here in june.He has on his 69 engine a pair of 1970 Ex. manifolds with smog holes.
I couldn't believe it.All the details and this was over looked.I offered to buy him a set of new GM 1969 Ex. manifolds in trade for his 1970 smog manifolds.He said he would think about it and gave me his Phone number.I will call him and let you know what is up if you like.Those manifolds are tough to find,but can be found.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.