Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to invest in a LS6 Chevelle and need to know what cowl tag info would denote the car as an LS 6, if any. I am familiar with the engine codes and suffixes, casting numbers and date codes, but am unsure of what the cowl tag could tell me about a chevelle.What should I look for on a build sheet that would tell me the car was an LS 6 model? Do not mind investing in the RealThing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any help anyone could give me would be appreciated, thanx,

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the build sheet and or pop is what
you really need. The cowl tag doesn't tell the story. If you are going to pay for the real thing, I would make sure there is plenty of paper work to back it up. Just my two cents.

Chris

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you find a car you believe to be authentic I'll try and help you establish it. Unfortunately there are more ways to trip up a fake than there are ways to prove authenticity.

As far as what you'd look for on a build sheet, it will specifically say LS6 V8 454 4B although the order can vary.

With today's computers, build sheets can be faked also, as can protecto plates.

[This message has been edited by 2BlueLS6's (edited 01-17-2002).]

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
If the seller is supplying you with a build sheet look very carefully at the type on the sheet and most of all ask where he found the sheet.Smell the paper.If it was found in the interior it should smell like the interior.My sheet smells just like the stuffing under my back seat.

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE
My 2000 Z28

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Once you have located a car you desire, let us know. There are many ways to check for a legit car that are not common knowledge, these are not fail safe but will eliminate 'bad' fakes.

Only the real "experts" can fake a car without anyone being the wiser and unless the car is more than $40,000, it likely cost more to fake it than it was worth. With a VIN number, assembly plant and pertinent part numbers, we can possibly narrow it down in a hurry.

Nowadays, only a survivor that has been sitting in a barn for twenty years will be an unknown. Most of the others have already been traced or proven fake. JMO

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"
Musclecar Restoration and Design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.