Team Chevelle banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just powered up my 70 after a complete resto. I checked all the circuits to see if they work and all do...however when I turned on the headlights the outer two(low beams) the bulbs filled with smoke and eventually blew the bulbs out. These were 34 YO T-3's and I was unhappy to say the least but my question is..was it the bulbs or do I have a wiring problem?...IE bad ground or such. Anyone else come across this problem? Thanks.

ALbert

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If they filled with smoke, they had air in them. In other words, they were no longer under vacuum. More than likely a small crack OR bad seals around the terminals.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jerry...see you around.

ALbert

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hey Al,
See ya at the post office! :D I had a couple of those "air filled" lamps in the past...doesn't make for a happy day. ;) Are you going to be attending the Somerville Friday Night shows this year?

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use to belong to the club that runs it and worked many a summer night there. Been too crazy to go the last two years..gotta be there by 4:30 or so to park..makes for a long evening especially in the summer heat.I may take my convertible over one night if I'm home early :D

ALbert

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I use to bring my 57 Chevy there years ago, but, as you said, parking began to become a real problem unless you were there super early. Haven't been there for about three years. Was pretty cool, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts