Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me where the metal bracket from the headlight switch bolts on to. I am assuming this is a ground. I am in the middle of replacing my dash harness. thanks for any help. (if anyone has pictures could you please email) thanks again,

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
If you look at the switch, you will see that it has no place for any bolts or extra brackets. The bracket gets it's ground from a separate wire with an eyelet lug on it. The threaded switch front goes through this. More modern switches have a tap on the bracket. Chevy eliminated the separate ground wire and incorporated the ground wire in the connector. This style works but you still need the separate ground wire. The only purpose for this ground is to turn on the dome light and other courtesy lights if you have them. It doesn't affect the dash lights.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, I have just put on a new dash harness and that was one of my issues. At this point I am getting tail lights, break lights but know dash lights or head lights...also clock works but I don't think any other gauges are working. Would you happen to have a picture or a diagram in which I could verify I have this correctly hooked up. Thanks

[This message has been edited by 00WS6TA (edited 03-05-2002).]

[This message has been edited by 00WS6TA (edited 03-05-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts