Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On low beam, my outer headlights come on. I think this is correct. But on high beam, the driver's outer stays on and the passenger inner comes on with the other's not coming on. Should all 4 headlights come on for high beam? The driver's inner doesn't come on at all so it may be burned out. Do I have other problems?

·
Registered
460 Posts
the outside lights should be on if it is on high or low beam the inner lights should come on when you turn on the bright lights, if one the high beams does not come on check to see if the light is pluged in on the back side if it is unplug it and see if you have 12volts at the plug when the high beam is on, if you have power check the high beam bulb blades for corrosion clean everything up an try it if all else fails then its time for a new beam

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
yea, what lemontcars said. sounds like you have nothing more than bad bulbs or corroded connections. the outside lights are dual beams so one could work on high or low but not the other. try working the plug around while the lights are on, usually the quickest way to find a corroded connection.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It could also be like my car where the solder that held the prong onto the headlight cracked and was there but no current was going through. Very easy to remove the lights and housings. While you have them out, it is also a good time to clean them up and put some dielectric grease on there to prevent corrosion in the future. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Corroded connections. Had some extra grease from some Taylor wires I installed recently so I cleaned them up and added some grease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts