Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new GM headlamp buckets in my 70ss. All the headlamps will fit but three of them have to be rotated 90 degrees to get the tabs to sit int the buckets correctly. I checked the year one catalog to make sure I put them the buckets in the right locations. Besides, looking wierd the halogen headlamps don't shine properly rotated. The headlamps are ones that I just picked up at the local parts store ( sylvania - I think). Anyone else have this problem. I'm wondering if its the lamps that aren't right and I should buy y the GM's. I don't want to pay for the T3's. I guess another option would be to cut new notches in the buckets. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem with a replacement bucket. Reordered twice with the same results. Wrong side bucket in the right box with right part number. Take one of the bad buckets out and hold it in front of the other side of the car and look at it there to see if it lines up on the other side, it worked for me. the guys at the chevelle catalog actually checked the new one on their car before they sent it. They said G M mismarked them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, must be the buckets. I had a set of 4 Sylvania Halogens in my Cutlass and they were great! I'm gonna buy them for my 70 SS when I get it on the road.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Columbia University
New York, NY.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.