Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just received a 70 idiot gauge cluster and some bulbs are missing and or appear to be burned out. I did a search here and came up empty. Any help on where to find new replacement bulbs for it? thanks for all your help..great site!

·
Premium Member
19,932 Posts
Should be industry standard number 194 and any parts store should have them whether they be GE, Sylvania, AC Delco, etc.

Include: brake warning, directional signals (2), generator indicator, headlamp high-beam indicator, oil pressure indicator, instrument cluster (10), side marker front (2), side marker rear (2) and temperature indicator.

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Careful Dale, there are always exceptions to the rule. I helped a fellow Chevelle owner replace all the dash lamps in his very nice/original 1970 SS. This has the idiot lamps. I was expecting 194 "wedgie bulbs", but lo and behold, it used the older technology-- 1895 miniature bayonet bulbs. I don't know if this was because it was an idiot dash SS OR the car was simply caught in the middle of a phase-out period before everything went to 194s.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Coppertop speaks true. That was my car he's talking about and it will not accept the 194's. It's a January 1970 built car. The catalogues were in conflict about which bulb it would take so I had a supply of both on hand that day. The 194's are still hanging above my bench if anybody needs em'.

------------------
Bob Von Kaenel
70 SS 54k orig miles
My car.
The red interior.
The engine.
Hood trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts