Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what they look like? I think I'm missing part of mine. I have a slide with a hook on the end and I think it must hook to the clutch pedal some how.

Also will all harnesses have a conector for this switch regardless if it was an auto or manual harness.

thanks
John

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Also will all harnesses have a conector for this switch regardless if it was an auto or manual harness.

Yes but you will need an extension harness. M&H has it for $12.00.

I'll put up a pic of the switch and associated hardware later.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
John-

Sounds like you have the right neutral safety switch...is it white plastic? The main body of the switch should have a boss with about a 3/8" hole in it. This hole slips over a plastic stud that is bolted to the clutch & brake pedal support brackets. If this stud is missing, I can understand why you're confused. I've never seen a repro piece sold in any of the catalogs, but this should be in MANY donor cars, just post a want ad on TC. The small sliding arm on the switch has a 90-degree end on it, this end "clicks" into the hole on the clutch pedal arm. Look for a pair of heavy gauge purple wires that terminate in a black, two-spade terminal connector. This harness connects the switch into your main harness. Good Luck, hope this helps.

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

My 72 Chevelle SS Restoration Website: www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
This is the neut/clutch safety switch connector (the one with the purple wires) The extension harness will connect to it.

This is a pic of the clutch switchand mounting.

[This message has been edited by Elree Colby (edited 05-08-2002).]

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! thanks guys.

Elree, is that pic out of the 70 assembly manual? If so what page?

Hilljack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts