Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 El Camino with an interior code of 752. According to my code book this is for a 69 300 based interior. The interior in my 70 is just this. It has a rubber floor mat and different door panels. The panels are black with a thin chrome trim on the top and a 1" wide white colored insert about 3" below the chrome trim. Another strange thing is that the tailgate has the emblems of a 69 El Camino. The red/white/blue emblem is below the chevrolet script and the script is in cursive. The model # is 13480. Can someone explain to me why this would be. Also does this make the El Camino rare? Or worth more than one that would be comparable? I have the vehicle for sale and would like to know about these things. Thank You.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you sur at some point in it's past someone hasn't swapped parts from a 69 onto it?

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
13480 is the base (elcheapo) El Camino. It is not the custom model (13680) so it would come equiped as you indicated. 752 is indeed a 1969 and 1970 El Camino trim color combo as mr409 has indicated! 69-72 tailgates will fit and you can bet someone swaps the gates or the emblems.

Just because a vehicle is rare does not make it valuable. Its only as valuable as the buyer thinks it is, not the seller.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
69 300 door panels do not have a white stripe only the chrome stripe,,,seat has white stripe down the middle,,sounds like a base 70 Elky interior is wat U have my friend
) L89SEDAN

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Check out the gold El Camino in the background at this link: http://www.chevelles.com/years/70/elcamino.html . It is a base model like the one you have. It also has an optional (either 350 or the 400 (402) as witnessed by the little rectangular badge below the El Camino nameplate. 250 & 307-powered models didn't get the rectangular emblem.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited 01-04-2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.