Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already pulled the inner fenderwell down, and have removed the heater hoses. Can anyone help me to find the attaching bolts for the heater box, that are under the hood. I have found two or three bolts located inside the passenger compartment, but I am not sure where the others are located. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Are they behind the blower motor? Do I need to remove the Evaporator housing?

------------------

[This message has been edited by JED (edited 04-24-99).]

W

·
0 Posts
Oh Baby! If that dog is like the Nova and the Camaro, it is behind the wheel well. You need to seperate the inner fender panel and remove it then you can get to the bolts.

I did a couple of these, it just sucks! You can cheat like some guys did, bore a big hole in the inner fender. Not nice.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I changed one of these a few years ago, it was a lot easier with the service manual. I am glad I didn't try it without one. I highly recommend you get one. Try Ground Up Restorations link at the bottom of the page.

Here's the steps outlined in the manual

1. Disconnect battery
2. Drain radiator
3. Disconect hose at core connections and install plugs in core tubes to prevent spilling coolant when remove the duct.
4. Remove nuts from air distributor duct on engine side, I count 5 studs holding it in, from the drawing in the 70 service manaul but one outlined in step 5 cannot be removed without taking of the fender skirt etc.
5. From under dash drill out lower right hand corner distributor stud with a 1/4-inch drill.
6.Pull distributor duct from firewall mounting. When clearance is obtained, remove resistor wires. Lay distributor duct on floor.
7. Installion is the reverse of removal.

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 04-25-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.