Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a real LS6 El Camino I am assembling for someone. Trying to track down a few of the original type clips for the bed moldings ( the one that has a stud and goes through the bed, not the ones that screw on to the bed pinchweld) and Tail gate moldings (plastic ones that go across the back and the end ones with the screw receiver. I can post pics if needed. I haven't had any luck sourcing these. Anyone have any kind of supplier for stuff like this?

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
862 Posts
Might try Desert Valley Auto Parts in AZ, they got me a reconditioned stainless tailgate top piece when all the repop stuff would not fit. As good as new, cost me good money for a like new piece I couldn't get elsewhere. They had a fair number of El Caminos then to part out. They also are listed in Hemings or PM me and I will look up their phone number if you decide to go this way. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just need the clip, not the moldings. Driver stuff is not acceptable on this car. I already have the moldings. I've been to DVAP before. I don't recall there being many El Caminos there with much left on them in terms of trim and clips. I only need like 6 clips total Just looking for a source to buy new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Post a pic, I might know where to find it.

·
Premium Member
16,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need one that looks like this

2 of these ones

And if you are familiar with El Camino bed side moldings, just in front of the rear corner pieces there is a hole that a stud clip goes through on the rail molding on the end. I don't have a pic of that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts