Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost done with the restification on this 70 (all I'am gonna do for now). However I need to replace some dash lights. Where are they? I can't see the positions of the holders so I will hafta do it by feel. So looking a the fuel gauge is the light above below or to one side? Also same question for the speedo lights.Does each holder have one or two wires or none at all.
Thanks

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model, 69 Chevelle coupe
70 El Camino,71 SS Camaro
79 Corvette
Kerrville,Tx.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Harley, I'm not sure, but I think that it has a printed circuit on the dash and the only wires are where they plug in the dash on one side. The light holders are little plastic removable sockets and are spread out over the back of the cluster.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
Those who do the world's real work don't usually wear ties.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you want to make it easy on yourself, take the dashpad off. Then you can get right to them and it makes it alot easier to check all of them.

My 72 had 4 across the top to illuminate the speedometer. (If memory serves correctly). The one all the way to the left fed power to the others. If you remove that one, the others will go out. Don't know on the fuel gauge.

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Bob's 409 Chevy Page

silverstone.fortunecity.com/tvr/246/bob_s_409_chevy_page_index.html

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bob thats what I wanted to know. After checking archives it seemed that the dash pad goes up and the cluster sort of rolls down after dropping the colum a little. I'am not after a full restoration at this point just a clean-up fix-up all systems working for now.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model, 69 Chevelle coupe
70 El Camino,71 SS Camaro
79 Corvette
Kerrville,Tx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.