Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has ahd the same problem. My 70 Chevelle dash lights are ll fed by the first socket on the small printed circuit, The socket is bad and I can not find a one piece replacement to splice in. I cant afford a new harness. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! Thanks for your time Kenny L

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sure it is your socket? You have probed into the gray wire and found voltage behind the socket crimp??
If you have done that, email me your address. I'll drop a used socket in the mail that you can solder in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John, Yes I have checked and have feed to the wire and inside the socket but since it is a malibu dash it feeds all five lights by way of a small printed circuit and without the first socket(the only one with power leads) i can not feed the other four. I have considered soldering onto the printed circuit strip or attempting to take a standard socket and soldering tot he tabs on it, any idea if a replacement main fed lead is available without buying a comnplete harness. Kenny

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I'll send you another main feed socket with about 4 inches of wire on it if you send me your address. Only place I know to get these is off another harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you, let me know if you need any parts i have several from achevelle i scrapped out

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 02-18-2003).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
My email address is in that little icon that looks like a post card. Right above the word "any" in your last post. I'll send the socket to you but I deleted your address in your last post. It's not a great idea to post it. The whole world can read it and that might bring some trouble.
If you have parts Adam at UND has been looking for a fender for his 71.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts