Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where I could get a complete wire package for my 70 chevelle I would like to restore this thing from the ground up but I cant seem to find anyone who sells a complete wire package for this car

Also about how big of a project am I looking at? Is this something you think I could do on my own?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Go to www.wiringharness.com They have a wiring harness for you. If you think you can't find it on their website, call them.

I bought a power feed wire for my 72, they did not have any in stock, so they made me one the same day I called and I picked it up that same day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put in new wire harnesses from front to rear in my 70 SS. I bought them direct from American Autowire, they had all of them in stock! But better and more important, their tech guy is great...I had to call him several times to ask about wires that aren't shown in any GM wiring diagrams and by color he knew where every one went....from front to rear. This is most important especially if you aren't to savvy about the job. Really wasn't that bad a job, the dash harness is the toughest! If you have any questions while undertaking this project, let me know and I probably had the same questions and ran across the same situations.No matter what company you buy the harnesses from, give them all the information about your car(how it is equipped), and if you plan to change Ignition or Alternator, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts