Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
381 - 400 of 414 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Huh, I had looked at that conversion many years ago, but went with Pertonix. Interesting that it works on the original resistance wire and down to 6 volts momentarily.
I have, what is left of, the wire harness from my '66 that was butchered by a PO. I'll see if it still has the ignition wire, but most of it under the hood was replaced with all the same color wire.
As a bonus, the barn looks much cleaner and brighter inside from all the cleaning !!
Thanks Mitch. Smells better too. Still have some bugs, but I'll get'em.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Chris Doors Look great and so nice to work under hood with out the engine getting in the way!
Wiring is awesome! The barn I am envious of Bugs and all! Looks so good...But I know you'll fill it up!

Keep up that great work!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 · (Edited)
I added this yesterday.
Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer Aviation Air travel

A little bit of a challange to get it in with the hood on, but it's in there now.I dropped the hose clip on the barn floor and now I can't find it. Damn.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Huh, I had looked at that conversion many years ago, but went with Pertonix. Interesting that it works on the original resistance wire and down to 6 volts momentarily.
I have, what is left of, the wire harness from my '66 that was butchered by a PO. I'll see if it still has the ignition wire, but most of it under the hood was replaced with all the same color wire.
As a bonus, the barn looks much cleaner and brighter inside from all the cleaning !!
Thanks, I'll be waiting to hear on that wire!
Still need to add some more lights over at the would-be workbench and over by the new shelves. Frankie is still in the garage. The wife is chomping at the bit to get the cars into the barn so she can get her gardening tools in the garage.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Looked yesterday and I have the fuse block and most leads under the dash, but I must have purged the underhood "harness" if you will, since 90% of it was all replacement red wire.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I see the bling in parts of the pic and other areas make the grille look silver. Funny what lighting does.
I was going to say to expand your clip search about 20 feet... LOL. I have found parts I dropped a LONG way from where I thought they were. Glad you found it before you stepped on it. BTDT...:(

Reactions: Jayhawk500

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Chris I can see the Bling! well done.. Love the accent strip of Colour through the Chrome on that grill !!!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Yeah. the stainless trim looks really good for being 52 years old.
It has some road rash and 2 small dimples from rocks, but I feel it adds the pitina to it.
I spent the day yesterday putting some of the "stuff" on the front of the core support.
Today, I'll pull the seats out and put down the intermediate wire harness run on both sides.
Then I need to prep for painting the trunk with spatter paint.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hm..I don't see any imperfections from here... ;)
From what I have read about the aftermarket trim, you're better off with nice original trim. 1 member in our local Chevelle club had to end up gluing his replacement pieces on, as they kept coming loose and falling off.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Yesterday's and today's progress...In order of course.
I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's a small step forward.
I did find out that my hood latch pin doesn't line up with the latch. It sits too far back. This is an aftermarket AMD hood, so I think AMD didn't get the nut plate welded in the correct position.
Now, I have to hog out the holes and hopefully it'll fit. I may have to add metal to the pin assembly to make it work. Which means I now have to go buy gas for my welder and a piece of plate copper. Nothing is ever easy.....

Automotive parking light Car Tire Hood Automotive tire

Drivers side loom has the taillight wiring, rear power window wiring, rear window defogger wiring, trunk release wire, and the 10 gauge wire for the power seat. I used double sided foam tape for this.
It's holding up pretty well. The passenger side is for the speaker wiring.

Hood Light Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior

The wife helped me turn the car around this morning. Some more touch up with the black paint and it'll be ready for the spatter paint.
I'm going to put the car outside when I spray it. Don't want to get paint on anything in the garage.
This will be the home of my pickup when I get Frankie moved back to the barn. I hope it fits. The truck my be too tall.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Need to get somemore UnderHood Black from NAPA, but not until Monday. They roll up the sidewalks here after noon on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Chris did you add the other flat wire loom that geos along the floor from front to rear OR did you have two? Thinking one is for the normal wiring and the other for the power accessories windows Etc?

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
Chris did you add the other flat wire loom that geos along the floor from front to rear OR did you have two? Thinking one is for the normal wiring and the other for the power accessories windows Etc?
Yes, I added the second loom. The AIM shows the passenger side for the speaker wiring. Everything else is in the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
I like that idea! may borrow it. I'll have to try to get that flat conduit. Looks like you got that one from another car?
Looking good I know your trunk will look great too!

381 - 400 of 414 Posts