Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got my self a 1970 chevelle malibu. had 307, i dropped 350 in it. the trunk is all rusted out. my gas tank seems to be leaking when i give it a good kick. i was considering the 7 peice trunk kit, then buying a fuel cell to put in the trunk. i want to get as much horsepower out of this 350 as i can. Can someone please help me out. i thank ya'll

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you could go that route, or get a repoduction tank and have a sump welded in. If it's more of a street car I would go that route. Kind of nice having trunk and the extra fuel capacity. Depending on your hp goals, you most likely will be able to get away without going the sump route.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see i want to push as much HP out of this 350 as i can. im looking to gettin a cam get but i dont know much about what im looking at. i figured people on here (like yyou) know alot more about this than i do. like that sump? what is that all about? i plan on tubbing the car down the road. i dont know if the origanal tank would be in the way or not.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
You can get a quality Spectra exact copy Chevelle tank for about $150 delivered to your door from AutoPartsGiant.com. A Compitition Engineering sump kit costs around $70. You have to weld in the sump. I was going to weld it in myself, but chickened out and paid a professional $50 bucks. So $270 total cost.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
see i want to push as much HP out of this 350 as i can. im looking to gettin a cam get but i dont know much about what im looking at. i figured people on here (like yyou) know alot more about this than i do. like that sump? what is that all about? i plan on tubbing the car down the road. i dont know if the origanal tank would be in the way or not.
The fuel tank will really not matter on the Horse Power. Both a cell or a stock tank capable of a 1/2 supply line will work. If you plan on tubbing the car, I would do an aluminum fuel cell.As far as the 350 goes.... Decide if you want to be on race fuel or pump gas and how much cash you want to spend.Start a post about it and plenty of people will help you.Also if you are new to the site, you will want to search say "355 " lots of info on good combos already up.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Another tip is if you want performance advice don't have a thread titled "rusted trunk please help".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i thank yall for the help. i think im going to check that website out and see what i can find. $ 150. sounds like a bargain. yea i dont know how to weld so i will go with the professional do it too. about the whole topic thing, yea i didnt know what i was doing. that was stupid and sorry about that. i wil start a new thread listed HP help. thanks again yall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By installing the kit in the lowest portion of the rear of the fuel tank, you can guarantee that your engine will receive consistent fuel pressure under the hardest acceleration. Each kit has been manufactured in-house from mild steel for ease of welding and has two pre-welded 3/8" or 1/2" NPT bungs to ensure adequate fuel flow. Installation instructions are included as well as a template for baffling of the tank. Fittings not included. Welding required.

247-4040 Fuel Tank Sump Kit, Two 3/8'' NPT Weld Bungs

$62.99

247-4041 Fuel Tank Sump Kit, Two 1/2'' NPT Weld Bungs

$62.99

how would i know which "NPT Weld Bungs" to go with? but this is want im considering to put on the fuel tank from autopartgaints.com. do you think it would work?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alrighty thanks. would you put a holley 12v fuel pump on that line or do you think i wouldnt need it? i appreciate your help

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
If you want my personal opinion, you'd save yourself much time and expense replacing the tank with a new factory one and running a mechanical pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.