Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a remote mirror for my 70 Chevelle and was wondering if there is a matching mirror for the passenger side? Or should I use a non-remote style on the passenger side even though it is not quite the same?
Also, does anyone no where I can find a replacement mounting gasket for the remote mirror. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
Bill,
I have a left remote mirror on my 70 with the regular mirror on the right side. I agree that they are different, but as far as I know, there was not a right mirror available to match the left remote. I'm not 100% positive, but I think there were some variations in the remote mirror which would fit 70-72 and the Monte. I have a box of gaskets which fit my mirror and if you will email me your address, I will give you one. If it fits yours, fine. If not, then it will probably fit the right mirror. I'm at work now, so I don't have the part number. I pulled them out last night, but then got sidetracked with honeydos.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
wagons rule!
3,222 Posts
you can get the mirror mounting bracket from year one. even though you should check with our sponsor ground up first

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons haul A$$ in style! "The Chopped Suburban". to see some goto
www.EINSTYN.com FO_FDYFO = four-fifty four! TC#1460, VCEA#2

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Whats all this "mirror on the right side" stuff? Did you guys drill and mount a passenger side mirror or am I just missing mine? I've never had one on the pass side.

------------------
'70 SS 396
4spd, 4.10's and a smile
TC# 1341
Beaux

If someone tells you your ass is on fire, at first, you should take their word for it.

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
boduke,
Last year I bought a box of 10 from my Chevy parts man. The part number is 3874250. If you can't get one or it's no longer available, let me know and you can have one.

Beaux,
The right mirror was an option. The 68s were the same for lt and rt, but the 70s are lt and rt.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm now beginning to think that this mirror is not for my Chevelle. The studs on it are spaced farther apart than the screws are for my regular mirror. The part number inside the base of the mirror is :3976693

If anyone could decode this part number, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks, Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.