Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very recently bought a 1970 Chevelle SS396 with a 4 spd and console. I was hoping someone with experience with these cars could help me. Is there supposed to be a boot of some sort around the shifter(not the one screwed to the floor). The console looks unfinished the way it is. If so, does anyone know where I can get this part? Also, what color lens is supposed to be in the light that indicates that the emergency brake is on? Finally, is the air cleaner lid on a cowl induction hood supposed to be flat black or chrome? I am a Chevelle newbie and would greatly appreciate any answers from someone who knows about 70 Chevelles. Thank you!

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Cortez Silver, I'll take a shot at the shifter. It sounds as though someone has decided to install a console where none existed, hence the boot screwed to the floor. The consoles are sold by several vendors, try our site sponsor Ground Up. Good Luck on your car and welcome to Team Chevelle, there are plenty of people here to help you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cortez Silver,
I will answer your last two questions.First the brake light lense should be red.Last the air cleaner cover should be black not chrome.

R

·
0 Posts
There is supposed to be a black plastic chute that sits down around the rubber boot and under the console top plate. I believe it is available through NPD or Ausley.

[This message has been edited by Ratified (edited 05-15-99).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to tank all of you for your help. I truly am amazed at how willing and knowledgeable the reponses were. Thank you very much

·
Registered
567 Posts
All of these items can be found in National Parts Depot,Ausley's Chevelle Parts,The Paddock,or Original Parts Group. These I know for sure. I'm new to Ground Up however, I'm sure that they are similiar. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.