Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where to find an original radio for a 70 SS? The build sheet says "UM1 Radio AM Tape" This site says- 01APPB1.
Anyone have one for sale? Web sites?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The only bad thing about these auctions are that you may have to pay a pretty penny to get that may or may not work. They are getting ridiculous in price. Spring is here, so another option, is start hitting local garage sales. Some people find them in their garage and just want to get rid of it.

Good luck hunting.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Does anybody know where to find an original radio for a 70 SS? The build sheet says "UM1 Radio AM Tape" This site says- 01APPB1.
Anyone have one for sale? Web sites?
I believe the code should be 01APBT1 or a 2 at the end. I've seen several restored ones on E-bay go in the 350-400 range recently.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Here's a couple of places that you might try:

Team member all years: John's Muscle Cars & Auto Salvage. 402-674-3147
3638 E. Willow Road, Wymore, NE 68466

The Parts Place 630-365-1800. 217 Paul Street, Elburn IL. 60119

When you find one, it will probably need to be restored to working order:

S&M Electro-Tech 763-780-2861 8836 Xylite St. NE Blaine, MN 55449

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
John, I just happen to have a 01APB2 and there are a few on ebay right now, and not that expensive (compared to the one I need for my 67).

The one I have had to have come out of my 69 SS, even though it's listed as a 1970, so it's been sitting since 1973 (when I pulled it to put in a Craig AM/FM cassette player) :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
not to jack the site,but how many of us in our younger and dumber days discarded these radios,only now to want them back.I did along with my factory front seat belts that now sell for big$$$$.:sad:.have searched my dads shop high and low with no results.will keep and eye out for you though.
eric:beers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts