Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

This is my first port here on the Chevelle forum so go easy on the newby...

I have a 67 Corvette L-79 vert that is a numbers matching very nice car. I am considering trading for a sweet Chevelle as I need more room to take the family to events and such. The 67 has been a great car to own I must say.

Those of you have owned both a midyear and a Chevelle, can you tell me anything about a Chevelle that I might not like compared to the 67? I am wanting to get a BB SS BTW...

Both my car and the SS BB are valued at 60K

Thanks

· Registered
899 Posts
Oh God, i could never trade that car, especially a vert! Welcome to TC.

· Registered
7,309 Posts
I have driven both. the corvette is in its own world compared to a chevelle

· Registered
7,309 Posts
but its nice to have both

BTW the Corvette is my dads and my 66 should ride and handle just like a 70

· Premium Member
12,136 Posts
Is a trade in order? I am not sure, the Corvette sold to the right person might surprise you on it's value. Do make sure you have someone knowledgeable in Chevelles go with you just to make sure the car is what the seller says. IMHO, that price should get a matching numbers car. Good luck with your decision.

· Registered
557 Posts
In a way you have already answered your question when you said you need room for the family. If you can only have one then do the family right and get the Chevelle. When my kids were growing up they had a blast going places in the 67. Memories they still talk about.:thumbsup: After they get older which does not take long you can always sell the Chevelle and go back to the Corvette when you get old and retired.:D

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is a trade in order? I am not sure, the Corvette sold to the right person might surprise you on it's value. Do make sure you have someone knowledgeable in Chevelles go with you just to make sure the car is what the seller says. IMHO, that price should get a matching numbers car. Good luck with your decision.
A trade might be in order for the right car. It would of course have to be a high value car or cash involved from the other party. I really would like to find a pristine 70 SS 454 car...

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the car looks like it could be a NCRS style car thats why I asked :beers:
Thanks you. I have never had the car judged by NCRS but I can tell you she is pretty original. 57K miles and a real sweetheart 67. I pulled the engine and tranny back in Dec for a freshening up and restore. I did the front-end while I was in there and it turned out awesome. David West and David's 4 speeds rebuilt the tranny and it is perfect now. This will be a treasure for the next owner...

· Registered
7,309 Posts
Thanks you. I have never had the car judged by NCRS but I can tell you she is pretty original. 57K miles and a real sweetheart 67. I pulled the engine and tranny back in Dec for a freshening up and restore. I did the front-end while I was in there and it turned out awesome. David West and David's 4 speeds rebuilt the tranny and it is perfect now. This will be a treasure for the next owner...
right now any SB mid year cars that are restored and have top flights are not selling at or above 60K. so good luck selling your car:beers:

· Registered
240 Posts
Keep the Vette. I have a 70 SS very near completion and a 66 Vette coupe. I love them both. I did a body off on both as well. Don't flame me here but GM made so many more Chevelles than Corvettes. I think the Vette will hold its own and appreciate faster than a Chevelle. Both are icons and share heritage. Would it be possible to keep the vette and buy a 70 SS that needs rebuilding? I have seen some great prospects here for $20K to $25K. P.S. If you want to see my cars, tune into Fox Sports on Sunday April 3 at 11:30 AM. The show's host is Mike Phillips and is presented by Auto Geeks under "What's in my garage". Taping took about 90 minutes and we had a great time. They also featured my 68 Vette coupe, my NSX and my son's 2000 Vette coupe. Jerry

· Registered
334 Posts
That was the same two cars I was considering and for the same reason. family. My wife said get the Chevelle now and sell it and get the Vette when our kid is gone. So I got the Chevelle. Kid graduates this June. hmmm....

· Registered
12,278 Posts
Boy that better be one heck of a Chevelle to trade across for your Vette!!

Think hes getting the better end of the $tick for sure but if the Velle makes you happy then....

They are both great cars but if it came down to a choice there would have to be cash involved (lots) to trade off a 67 like that for any A body.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.