Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the sitch. When the heater or de-froster is on the lowest and second lowest fan setting it dosn't blow any air and makes no sound. On the higher settings there is a loud rattle/grinding sound and minimal air. I've been told that the blower fan has came lose and all I need to do is "tighten it up". Does this sound right to anyone? If this is the case how do I "tighten it up"? Any specialty tools? It came with AC but it is not installed on the car and the heater (even in this decreped condition) will run you out.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
What year?

Some models have a resistor in the heater box (motor side) that control voltage for the lower speeds. If this is burnt out the fan will not run at low speeds at all. It will run at high speed and yours may just be shot.

New blower motor is available. Can be a pain to change tho'. Do a search its been discussed.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

·
Registered
777 Posts
It's been my experience that blower fans do not need just "tightening up". All that I have had problems with were either broken or stripped, isn't plastic wonderful?? Once you get to it, I would suggest a new replacement. Why do the same job twice?

------------------
Fred
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
'70 Chevelle
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.