Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if I should be posting this here or under the restoration forum?
Will a 69 Buick Skylark 2 door coupe frame fit a 70 chevelle 2 door without modification?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys... I'm new at this.
So when you say the frame stands are different... do I need to relocate them or just replace them with the chevelle stands?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
As mentioned above the fit will be the same 68-72. However 68-72 frame ARE NOT the same year to year in terms of shape in certain areas. If you look up part numbers you will see different numbers for the given years which among other things reflect these changes.
Meaning 68 is a one year only, 69 is a one year only, 70-72 are in effect identical. This follows true through out the A body line.

Yes the frame will fit but not correct for the year

So, if you care about correct you need to find a 70-72 frame. Buick/Pontiac/Olds/Chevy

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Sorry guys... I'm new at this.
So when you say the frame stands are different... do I need to relocate them or just replace them with the chevelle stands?
Use your chevelle stands, the frame is equipped accept them...the 69 frame is a direct bolt in to your car...the stuff about correct/not correct is probably going to confuse you, but 68-9s are a direct interchange, they just have a few different small details that doesnt mean alot,unless your doing a concours frame off resto

hardtop and convertible are very different,so a hardtop frame is for hardtop, convert is convert...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts