Chevelles.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i have a few wires i have no idea what they are.any help would be great.

white rope coved wire
orange
dark blue there are 2 on the harness 1 goes to the wiper motor and the other is cut.
and a black with a pink or puple strip.

i have no clue how to read the wiring diagram.

thanks all
mike

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
What wiring diagram do you have as a reference? I have a large scale, but also would help to know if it's a SS, A/C, 6 cyl?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Where does the harness originate? Left side of the firewall junction, as viewed front front of car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh sorry guys its a ss with a/c. and the wiring harness is on the right side of the firewall if your staring at the back of the car. its to the right of the master cylinder. and the wireing diagram book is from a jim osborn reproduction book just on a 1970 chevelle wiring diagram manual. dont know where my dad got it from but it has like 8 pages of wirning diagrams. hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
If I knew how to post a pic here, I think I can help. But your wires don't look familiar yet.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Are you sure they're both dark blue? If one is Light blue, it goes to your left turn signal assy, and the dark blue goes to the right. The two browns on either side of the light blue in the harness, go to the turns signal as well. I think I'm right, here. You should unwrap it to see if more wires are cut BUT- your statement that one of these wires goes to the wiper motor doesn't ring right. The wiper motor wires seem to go to the other half of the bulkhead connector, according to my diagrams.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Ah- that's better.... First drawing, lower right corner, shows the bulkhead connector.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
last "photo", are we talking about the connector on the left, or right side? Which group of wires?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
okay, then in the lower right corner of the first wiring diagram, just to the left, and slightly below the wiper motor is the connector. It looks like an upside down "U". THAT is where you start tracing wires from. If you use a meter to check continuity, you should be able to trace that whole block. "DBL" is dark blue, "LBL" is light blue "P" is probably pink, "T" is tan
"B" is black, " OR" is orange, and "PPL" is purple.
Hope that is helpful

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
The number preceeding the color on the diagram is the gauge of the wire, smaller number bigger wire. "20" is about the thickness of a wire coat hanger

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts