Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a running barn find original 396 is gone. I believe the current is 402 but have not run numbers yet.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part
Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle
Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Odometer
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Fixture Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Composite material
Options are 12 bolt, F41, discs,tilt, buckets, console (Monte top plate) turbo 400 buckets no gauge dash. I have everything for it. Bumpers and rear pad are nice. Needs a quarter and a/c parts but it runs and drives just wondering what it might be worth to flip. I got another 70 shell with it needs both quarters.

·
Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
423 Posts
Not really sure what it might would be worth to someone. I know for me, I would be walking away as soon as I saw that the trim tag had been tampered with.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
There's no information on the trim tag that would affect the value or identify the vehicle besides telling us it originally had bucket seats. 78 paint code is Black Cherry and the one thing suspicious is the door jams look like Desert Sand or one of the beiges. I could see someone switching trim tags from the beiges to Black Cherry which in my opinion is a more desirable color.

Since there is some suspicious activity indicated, you should probably check the VIN against the hidden CONVIN before you dump a ton of cash on it. It's possible the car was a complete repaint and the jams were done, but unlikely for that color combination. It wouldn't take much to figure out what that car left the factory with. There should still be remnants of the factory paint.

Sorry, can't put a value on it but it is the year that pulls the most in that department.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the insight. I know there are issues. Just wanted an opinion on price. I did state its a clone. Thanks again.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Running and driving with good sheetmetal but somewhat rough with unknown mechanicals. Try $7,500

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
at least 10k, I'd start at 12500, buddy sold a 67 sedan roller for 7k in 1 day, no motor, trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts