Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advertised as a shell, All exterior sheet metal is there.Windows there ,windshield cracked , front and rear bench there. Hump hood but is not the cowl induction one(kinked near the center on both sides probably fixable). No bumpers ,but the dash is the round gages. A/C controls are in place . The frontend looked like it was from a different car .

The guy also said the 1/4's were replaced. Not a finished job though.The part of the 1/4 's that really backed me off was the fit of the outer wheelhouse . He also sais floors were solid but they had pinholes.the trunk was locked but I could feel rust in the panel that turns up in the back .

What are my plans for a car...Weekend cruiser . Reliable,streetable enough for a 2-300 mile trip . Matching #'s are not a must. I have been leaning toward the idea of a GM Crate 454 or 502 with a th400 or a late model OD. A/C probable.

Asking price was $5500. How close or nuts was he?

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Is it a 12 bolt rear? Does it have F41 suspension, sway bars? Front disc brakes?

I think there have been cars advertised on this website that were a better deal than what you described.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I just sold a TRUE SS complete frame with suspension f41 package, disc brakes, 12 bolt posi , rust free for 1500.00 .....as a guide that means the body only is worth 4000.00 ???? Unless this "shell" comes with a build sheet or a # matching big block whats the advantage to say any standard ol 300 Malibu as a base to start for 1/2 the price?

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you're considering going with a 502 or crate 454, posible O/D tranny and (aftermarket?) A/C why not save some money and buy a Malibu and make it what you want? That's what I did, trust me if you put a 502 into a true SS you will catch *hit from every purest out there. You could make it exactly to your liking...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts