Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My daily driver 70 Malibu front bench seems to be broken. The other day it sort of popped when I sat down. Now I see that the outside or door side is leaning back more than the inside. I can move the top half of the seat back forward and backward without moving the lower half.

I took a quick look at it, looks like it's sewn all the way around? Shouldn't it have hog rings or something on the bottom? How could he sew it when it's already on the seat?

Anybody know about these things?

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
Tom,

Don't know about bench seats buy my driver's bucket had the same problem. See the pictures near the bottom of the page in this thread. The side rail cracked just below the top rail that holds the headrest. The pic shows the temporary fix I made I made a few years ago. I welded it when I had the covers off this spring.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267900

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anybody know how to get the cover off the seat back without cutting it? looks like the front and back of the cover meet at the bottom at a machine sewn seam. How could he do it that way?

(Later) Never mind. :) What I thought was a sewn seam was really a flap glued over. No biggie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts