Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 70 am fm stereo with the separate amp at a pick your part. I got all the harnesses but where it connects to the speaker the harness is cut.The wires going into one side of the connector are different colors coming out the other side where the wires were cut. Can anyone help me out with the correct wiring for the speakers? Thanks, Scott
!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any possibility of communicating color codes? I dont own a 70. I own a 69 and 71 so I have no need for a 70 manual!thanks, Scott!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upon further research in CT archives ,I found it is a 69 am fm stereo with a separate multiplex decoder.The assembly manual and shop manual do not give color codes for the speaker wiring. Problem is, the harness I got has different color wires from the radio then at the other side of the connector they cahnge colors. 6 wires in 1 side of the connector and 5 out the other side! Any help? Coppertop, Help! Thanks, Scott!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The AM-FM Stereo connector has five wires on one side and four wires on the other.

The five wires are.

Black/dkblue/white. has two wires for front left & right speaker common.
Tan. Left front speaker.
Purple. Right front speaker.
Brown. Right rear speaker.
Dkblue. Left rear speaker.

The four wires are.

Black/dkblue/white. Rear left & right speaker common.
Black. Ground from dash harness three wire radio connector.
Yellow. Power from dash harness three wire radio connector/fuse.
Gray. Dial light from dash harness three wire radio connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts