Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me who restores these radio tape players? I called D&M today and they said that they are trying to hire someone who can restore these radio"s. As of today the turn around time is 3 months. I would consider buying one that has been restored or in excellent condition.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Rick - You can contact Mike Hagan Antique Auto Radio Repair in Fairless Hills, PA 215-547-7145. He can do whatever you want done. I just had my AM/8track converted to AM/FM. He puts in a whole new receiver unit in the same box without changing the face. Turn on the radio-you get AM. Turn off the radio and turn back on-you get FM. Be prepaired to spend a minimum of $125 and up to $500 depending on what you want done. He can also prewire the unit to power a CD deck. His conversion delivers 88 watts so new speakers will be needed. He cleaned up the 8 track player also. Expect 12-14 weeks turnaround. He does a lot of Wonderbar radios too and is well known at Carlisle so his business is unending.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
I restore original Chevelle radios, however, I'm really swamped with things right now, in particular building this site's radio info pages. I also offer a retrofit that allows you to input a personal cassette player or portable cd player thru the stock radio. I don't do anything irreversible to the circuit boards in the radio, I keep them stock.

E-mail me if you need more info.

Joe

auto radio repair tech
creator of Team Chevelle's radio info pages...coming soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.