Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good source that carries power window harnesses for '70-72 chevelle, Monte, and other A bodies. I have looked in NPD, Ground up, Muscle Car Factory, etc.. and no one carries the '70-72 harness. I am buying a set up from a guy and he cannot find the passenger side wiring harness. would this be hard to fab? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks, Hugh

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hugh,
The hardest part to fab or find would be the connector at the switch. The other wires are just that, wires. Also, the connector on the motor might be hard to come by. I have an extra setup at home that I could get a schematic for you if needed. E-mail me at home if needed.
Tom

------------------

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hugh,

I recently added PW to my 72 El Camino. I took the setup out of a 71, and the wiring was a mess, so I completely re-wired them. The hardest part is the switches, just as Tom stated. I looked everywhere for a connector that would work. I finally found one. Use Female Molex .093 diameter terminals For 14-20 gauge wire. You will need to go to a pretty good electronics store. You have to wire each terminal individually, but they work perfect. I didn't have to find connectors for the motors since mine were re-usedable.

Good Luck,

------------------
Jim Endrud - Gold #45
72 El Camino SS Clone
azonline.com/~jimmy

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited 09-28-99).]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Tom, I might end up taking you up on your offer, but let me check around first. The guy that I am buying the set up from says that the wiring and connectors are pretty much the same off of early to mid '70s cadilacs and related cars. I have seen many of those cars in the local salvage yards, so I will keep everyone updated if this is the case.

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah, the guy is probably right about the connectors being the same on cars from the era, we all know how much GM likes making one part and bolting it onto every model.

my 71 cutlass had power windows, but i've never seen a 70-72 chevelle with them. it's listed as a factory option, i guess not many people ordered them...

[This message has been edited by Havoc (edited 09-28-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.