Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can find these adapter plates that are screwed to the seat in this picture. I don't see any vender that sells them. Aren't they needed for the headrest locking device to attach to it on 70-72 bucket seat

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone out there has to have taken there headrest locks off and can answer my question if those adapter plates are a needed part.. That part throws me off since no venders supply them. Need this info...

·
Registered
707 Posts
yes...you must have them...they screw into the seat frame providing a nice stable secure base in which to attach the plastic button thing...there are special screws that attach the plastic things to the metal things too...
You might try PUI @ 18003420610 but I don't know...

When I go over to work on the LS6 again I'll check and see if there is an extra set around there but I don't think there is...

·
Registered
707 Posts
You may have to recover the seats and go without headrests for a while until you can find them plates...I hate to say it but unless one of us finds some extras for you you may have to buy another set of old buckets to get them...

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeff, all the info I needed in one post. The previous owner had the Buckets reupholstered and never put the holes in the seat for the headrest, but the tubes are inside and just need those adapters now.
Appreciate your info Jeff and if you found some adapters let me know. Maybe you can take the ones off your car :D

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone who may care. the adapter plates I'm looking for are not a reproduced item by anyone.
So if want them, I have to find old seats or someone like DEAN, that has them and is willing to part with them...
Or I just don't run Headrests.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just make them yourself out of some sheet metal. I used the plastic button as a template to cut the metal into an oval shape. Then drill the 4 holes in them. It works great and you dont have to be perfect because you never see them.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Gee Rich you will have a bunch of them now, LOL
I sent you some out this mourning....
If the ones that I sent you dont work make some earings out of them:D

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gee Rich you will have a bunch of them now, LOL
I sent you some out this mourning....
If the ones that I sent you dont work make some earings out of them:D
I know Brad, you want all the credit:D I'm waiting for yours, and if they don't work I know what to do after these guys have tipped me off.
I want to thank you all for all the info. Making them sounds like that is my next move if needed.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
go on e bay and put in this item number 200082290837 i think these are what your looking for and they are new also.. and e bay store go to cj auto products i think they have them also.
I'll check that out Storm, thanks man.
I checked ebay out and there selling the locks, which I have, I need the adapter that the lock sits on. The adapter goes on the seat first and than the lock screws to it. Thanks any way Storm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.