Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone supply a photo of how all the cowl induction components go together on a 70-72 chevelle cowl induction setup. Thank you

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
Erik,
You REALLY, REALLY need to buy a copy of the 70 Chevelle Assembly Instruction Manual. ALLLL of the aftermarket sources have them available.
Also, just recently, someone posted illustrations of the CI hood components. Maybe they will see your request and put them back up again.
An assembly manual will be much better because sometimes pictures may be a little difficult to distinguiah. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, if there is something specific that you are not clear on, then let us know and we will sure try to help.

One particular warning that I will point out at this time is the bolts that attach the outer door hinges to the underside of the hood. MAKE DARN SURE THEY ARE NOT TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, you will end up with 4 dents pushing up!

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
Eric,
That's it!
That's the CI hood information that I had remembered seeing in the past. EVERYONE with a CI hood should save or print out a hard copy for their files. I did.

Dan,
Thanks for posting that link! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
Dan,
Installing a complete CI hood setup is really very simple. You should not have any problems whatsoever. Over the years, I've installed 3 complete setups on non-CI cars (and worked on various others). My ONLY advice, as I warned above, is to be extremely careful about not using bolts that are too long for the outer door hinges!!!! :sad:

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Dan,
Installing a complete CI hood setup is really very simple. You should not have any problems whatsoever. Over the years, I've installed 3 complete setups on non-CI cars (and worked on various others). My ONLY advice, as I warned above, is to be extremely careful about not using bolts that are too long for the outer door hinges!!!! :sad:
Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt. ;) I'll watch these a little closer.

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
The T-400 wire harness and the CI hood wire harness each have a pigtail. You can plug either harness onto the switch at the gas pedal and then "pigtail" the other harness onto the one that is connected to the switch. They're interchangeable.
Of course, this would be a non-issue if you'd dump the T-400 and plug in a 4sp. :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
nah the t-400 was cheap as it was laying around not getting used. now i can knock that item out later today, and they is one wire that come off the trans for the kickdown right? ive heard two wires and ive read of one wire the trans in question is out of a 78 chevy truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts