Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shells on the seat I'm redoing are in preety bad shape. Too many gouges in the plastic. I have extra ones but trying not to use them. Has anyone ever covered these and what material did you use? I was thinking of building that indention flush with the shell and cover them with vinyl to match the lower bottom trim. Need input. Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
SEMS makes a product that is a filler....much better than bondo for this type of application...it comes with grain cards too...so you could fix your gouges and repaint the covers....or you could fix gouges and recover with vinyl as you say...correct vinyl is Madrid grain...available at upholstery supple house usually only in black...however you can also contact PUI direct and order other colors of Madrid vinyl...

Sand plastic with 400 grit...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just did mine whick are white and had bad gauges.. I used a filler the sanded and painted.. Came out ok but the right way,if you dont want to get new ones,use the kit. The grain or the lack of it ,makes the job.. I will eventually get new ones.. ps.. I highly recommend the Kits, eastwood is what I used., Follow diection and info here. I went from dark green to white.. They look and feel like new.. When I finish with the front buckets,Ill post photos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought some black ones. They fit well but the texture is not madrid grain. It is much different. It is hard to describe what it looks like but only slightly resembles madrid grain. I was dissapointed. Also the plastic is not as thick as on the originals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.