Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to see them like this. Looks like it was a Cortez Silver Super Sport with a bench seat and 4-speed trans. I'm sure one of you local guys remembers the patriotic paint scheme....

At least the owner recognizes this one is pretty rough. It's currently at $100 with no reserve. I would almost buy it as yard art....

1970 Super Sport

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
It has the rare option 2 piece dash. Man it is a pity seeing cars left to rot like this. Why do people hang onto them just to watch them rust away? I guess some people hang on because they are going to fix it up one day. Sad really.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree. I bet he gets close to a grand for it.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The ad says SS parts only. Never says that it is a SS car. What parts in this ad are any good? Looks like a pile of junk to me. :D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has a bolted joint on the intermediate shaft, so at the least it's a 402 Malibu.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The front fenders on this Chevelle came off an Elcamino that they have in another auction right now. I attached the link below. Elcamino fenders have different body lines than a Chevelle has.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the El Camino fenders look ridiculous on this thing.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you need some of them toggle bolts thingeys...for extra strength....

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
I usually want to give a beat up orphaned project a chance, but even I say that this is scrap metal. Gauge cluster, pedals and the steering shaft is about then only thing worth pulling from that carcass. Rest can go to the scrap yard and at least around here without a title, your going tonhave to cut it up in at least six or eight peices before the scap yard will evem touch it. Jim

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Believe it or not, it's up over a grand now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts