Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pump for my car has two fittings , one for the 3/8 fuel line and a 1/4 return line, all the parts stores have a part number of 40727 delco, but the pump only has one inlet fitting, does anyone have the correct part # for this fuel pump. i have the gm number, but that does me no good with the part stores, thanks Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do not remember the part number but I had the same problem with the aftermarket fuel pumps on my 70 396. ( National Parts Depot didn't even have the correct three line fuel pump.They only carried the replacement fuel pump with one line in and one line out. I pointed out that this is not factory and they said " well, that's what's in the book." Needless to say, hear in Michigan, the NPD store only knows Mustangs. And I highly doubt they know enough about them either.)

Enough of the b*tching.

I ordered my part from Year One out of Georgia and they even confirmed to me over the phone that is was the exact one that I needed.

I've never had a problem with Year One. I even pay the extra to ship parts to me instead of driving the 5 miles to NPD. Year One really knows their parts and cars. AND they are honest about the quality. Sometimes even they cannot get parts made the way they would like them but at least they tell you up front and the no hassel return policy really works.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
One other thing to consider:
There is apparently a difference between the one for 1970 and '71-72. The clocking for the inlet/outlet (if you're looking down from the top) is off 10-15 degrees. When I was looking at my local parts stores, the replacements were also all shorter than the original. I also got one that would fit from Year One.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
List the GM part number, I have a GM number to AC-Delco number conversion book. I can give you the right AC Delco part.

·
Administrator
16,202 Posts
the ac delco # should be the last 5 digits of the gm # 40768

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Yes that's right in this case. AC Delco 40768.

Not all AC Delco numbers are like this!!

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 04-15-99).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.