Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learning that there are 3 brackets for the
big block I ordered them but can't figure out
how they bolt on.There is too much space in
between the block and bracket on water pump.
Is this because I need a (short) pump ?

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shawn,

I had the same problem with my Power Steering on my 69 BB. If you ordered the 3 piece set from Year One, NPD, Ted Williams Ent, ect, then good luck. I tried forever to hook these brackets. the holes on the repros just didn't line up with everything else.

I had the same gap between the water pump and the block as you did. I believe there is some type of spacer that you're suspose to use to fill the gap. I just used washers.

What I ended up doing is taking the 3 piece repro braket set back and orderd a 2 piece Aluminum set from Summit. March is the name of the manufacturor who makes this 2 piece Power Steering bracket set. You have to ask for the one for the BB. It cost about $90 but it was worth it. It was very simple to hook up, takes up less space, and looks really good next to the rest of your chrome under the hood.

hope this helps...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same problem. I looked in Summit and can't find the brackets that you mentioned. If your summit catalog has it, could you post the order number? Thanks.
David

·
Registered
4 Posts
The part number for the March Power Steering bracket set from Summit is MCH-20150. I can't find it in my new Summit Catalog, but I remember seeing it in the new products section about 3 or 4 months ago. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.