Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the archives...a bunch on wiper motors. Still, I could use some help. Motor and switch are grounded. When switched on the motor or something clicks and thats it. I have taken motor off of car and checked behind plastic cover and "things" look okay, plastic gear will turn manually and move internal "arm". What next, should I go deeper by removing plate and "stuff" on top and if I do what should I be looking for? I did also take two long screws out holding motor and pulled motor back to visaully check for broken wires, or other unusual looking things. Did not see anything suspicious. Any ideas? Thanks..

·
Registered
169 Posts
question a little vague. are you describing a symptom where your turn on the wipers, they dont move, and all you hear is a click? If its hooked back up correctly, turn them on and give it a little persuasion with a hammer. Not hard, just light taps. not a perfect diagnosis but an easy one. Sometimes the armatures in the motors short/break contact/ etc. and need a little jostle to work. Same thing as a starter. Otherwise its the old fashioned way checking that you have power and good ground and a signal from the switch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it turns out to be the motor being bad, I bought one, special order from my local parts place for a little over $40.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts