Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum, and it seems replacement wiper arms (hidden) are very difficult to find. Most sites do not include a description on if they are for the hidden assembly or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The ones on there now won't clear the hood and pops the clip off of the rotary arm ball. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I went through the same thing Chuck. My drivers side cast part that holds the spring broke. I tried drilling a hole and adding a small bolt to attach a spring to. I never could get enough spring tension to hold the wiper down. I ended up finding an original assembly from a member on here. I've seen them around. Don't know if someone makes after market wiper arms for hidden wipers or not. I also went through my wiper motor and linkage to make sure everything was clean and lubricated and working.

I'll be glad to help if I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David. How big is the gap between the windshield and the hood when shut?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Is this what you need? Looks like between 3/8 and 1/2 inch clearance between the wiper and hood?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, sir. Thank you. My car has the wrong wiper arms. they are too tall to clear. I've just got to find a set of the correct arms. I T doesn't appear to be an easy task...

Reactions: dmg1029
1 - 5 of 5 Posts